-->

Green Velvet Cupcakes for St. Patrick's Day

Green Velvet Cupcakes for St. Patrick's Day



Sometimes it can be nice to have a holiday coming up in order to help pick out what kind of cupcakes to bake.  Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day.  I have done beer cupcakes twice before (here and here), both times using beer as my base flavor.  This time, I decided to focus on the color GREEN.  I'm not too much of a red velvet fan, but I thought it would translate pretty easily into (you guessed it) GREEN VELVET!



Simply use your favorite red velvet recipe and substitute green coloring for the red coloring.  I used Martha Stewart's red velvet cupcake recipe and Wilton Leaf Green coloring gel.  I find that you need less food coloring when you use the gel and it has less of a chemical taste.




I topped these cuppies off with a little cream cheese frosting.  I was tempted to add some beer instead of vanilla, but decided to play it safe because I'll be bringing them to a party very soon.  Top them off with some green sprinkles or sparkle gel and viola! Edible St. Patrick's Day fun.




I don't know about you, but I think cupcakes beat corned beef and cabbage any day!



PS - Congratulations to everyone who matched today!  I cannot believe that my intern year is nearly finished!

Share this: