-->

Rose Cupcakes

Rose Cupcakes




This post is a little late, but I wanted to share with you some cupcakes that made for Valentine's Day last week.  Instead of crafting roses from buttercream, I opted to use fruit slice candy using an idea from the book "What's New, Cupcake?"  The flowers came out beautifully, but I would not say that it took less time for me to do than making them from frosting.  I only had the energy to decorate 14 of the 2 dozen cupcakes I baked and the decorating part alone took approximately 2 hours (granted, I was multitasking by watching a movie, but still!). 

The method?  It involves rolling out individual fruit slices (the small Wilton fondant rolling pin is perfect for this), cutting them in half length-wise, and then rolling multiple strips together to fashion rose petals.  I used green fruit slices for the petals.  A tip is to use extra sugar on your rolling surface to ensure that the candies don't get too sticky. 

Here's Dave enjoying a cupcake after working all night in the NICU and newborn nursery:


Perhaps one of my favorite things about these cupcakes is how sparkly the petals look with all of that sugar on them.  They also look lovely all together like a bouquet, don't they?






Share this: