-->

Welcome back, and red velvet cupcakes

Welcome back, and red velvet cupcakes

So, it's been a while.

A few years, actually.  Residency was pretty busy. But now I'm a fellow with a teensy bit more time and co-workers who love baked goods so I am hoping to get back to that stand mixer.





Last night we hosted a murder mystery party.  If you've never done it, it's a lot of fun.  We chose the Las Vegas themed party.

Jill, looking for clues

I had a hard time thinking of a good Las Vegas cupcake, so I ended up going with a good, classic red velvet.  It fit in with the color scheme.  I also found some amazing Wilton gold color mist last weekend. It didn't work so well with the cream cheese frosting but it looked great on the chocolate hearts that I made to put on it.



You just need to gently spray, holding the spray canister about 12 inches or so from the chocolate and give it a few minutes to dry.  I thought it looked fantastic on the chocolate and people couldn't believe that they could eat it too!


I called these cupcakes "lucky red velvet" to stay in theme with the party.




I used the Paula Deen recipe here.  They were pretty tasty - I thought that the frosting was particularly good.

Jeremy (aka Mr. Trump for the evening) enjoying a cupcake

It's good to be back and I hope to post more again soon!

Share this: