-->

Mini Bunny Cakes

Mini Bunny Cakes


I have always wanted to make petit fours.  You know, those mini cakes with endless layers covered in a smooth, shiny frosting layer, usually topped with some smal adorable flower or royal icing design.  When I discovered an adorable mini bunny silicone mold at Target, I knew that I had to try it!


First, I used a pound cake recipe to make the bunnies. Be sure to use enough baking spray or Wilton cake release so that your cute cakes don't stick into the mold.  Then, I covered the cakes in an apricot glaze to keep them nice and moist.


Next, I used Wilton's quick-pour fondant recipe (found here).  Place a cooling rack over a pan because you want to have the fondant pour completely over all sides of the cake.




After allowing the cakes to harden, I had some girlfriends over to help decorate them with some melted chocolate.


And then ta da! You have mini bunnies.



Honestly, they were far too sweet for me (which is most desserts), but that didn't stop Jeff from enjoying them.


Next up.... petit fours?  Probably not for a while - so many steps all for one bite of cake!

Share this: