-->

Ladybug cupcakes, revisited

Ladybug cupcakes, revisited


Alright, I've done ladybug cupcakes before.  In fact, it was one of my very first blog posts!  That time, I used swiss meringue buttercream frosting and a special icing tip to make the grass.  Still want cute ladybug cupcakes without painstakingly creating grass?  Use green sugar!

First, ice your cupcake (if you want it to be very green, tint your frosting green as well).  Next, roll the the cupcake into a bowl with green sanding sugar like this:


Then, take some red m&m's and use either an edible pen or black writing gel that you can find at the grocery store and paint the candy to look like ladybugs. Yep, that's it! 



I brought these cuppies in for my last day in the intensive care unit.  It had been so long since I've done any baking for work!  It was a nice (and tasty) way to end a difficult month. 

Share this: