-->

Brains, Microphones, and a Wedding

Brains, Microphones, and a Wedding

IMG_0989

Do you remember Jess and Dan? You know, the engagement cupcakes that I made way back when?  They were happily married in May.  Jess is going to be a neurologist and Dan does sports broadcasting.  As a result, their cupcakes were ... wait for it.... half brains and half microphones! (see my prior post on brain cupcakes here)

getting ready to go to the venue!
All packed up and ready to go!

I made 300 of these babies in my home kitchen in California.  I thought it would be no big deal as I have made 300 cupcakes for a wedding before in my single oven in Michigan.  For some reason, this time was more stressful.  It probably had something to do with me not having my Kitchen-Aid mixer and fashioning 150 fondant microphones by hand.  In the end, I finished just in the nick of time before I had to pack them up and get them to the wedding!

IMG_0988
There are dozens of more cupcakes under the table... shhhhh

All about 3 cupcakes made it safely.  It took about 40 minutes to set all of them up.  It took a lot of effort to make pretty patterns that fit on the massive cupcake stand.  The 36 hours of stress that led to the finished product was so worth it to see them all sitting happily on the cupcake stand waiting for the party.

bride and groom and cupcake
Me with the bride and groom

It was such a beautiful wedding and Dan and Jess seemed happy with the way the cupcakes turned out.  I think that the guests enjoyed them, too:

cupcake crazy

At the end of the night, there were plenty of left overs which we were going to save....

bride and tray of cupcakes

But sadly the container wasn't all that sturdy and eager hands caused the cupcakes to fall to their sad, smooshed frosting demise:

oops

Poor cuppies.  Oh well - It was a fantastic time!

IMG_0987

Thanks to Dan and Jess for letting me be such a big part of your special day :)  And you two can think of it as special edition cuppies - who knows when I will be able to make cupcakes for a wedding now that intern year has started.....


Share this: