-->

Happy Thanksgiving and Mini Cornbread

Happy Thanksgiving and Mini Cornbread

DSCN0886

I know, it's been a while since I've posted.  The worst part is I haven't baked in a month!  I have been on the road steadily since Halloween interviewing for residency programs all over the place.  Maybe program directors would like cupcakes?

At any rate, I am home for an entire week!  I don't cook at all, so my contribution for Thanksgiving today includes mini-cornbread and baby chocolate pumpkin cheesecakes (to be posted later).

DSCN0883

Mini-Cornbread - Adapted from Dave Lieberamn's Young & Hungry - Makes 6 dozen minis

  • 1 1/2 cups yellow corn meal
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 5 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 2 large eggs
  • 7 ounces no salt added whole kernel corn, drained
  1. Preheat oven to 375 F.  Line mini cupcake pans with paper liners
  2. Add the corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl.  Mix the ingredients with a whisk.
  3. Add the melted butter, milk and eggs and beat on medium speed with an electric mixer until well combined and the batter is smooth.
  4. Add the canned corn and stir with a spoon until combined.
  5. Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 full of batter and bake for 13-14 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  6. Allow the cupcakes to cool in the pans for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. 
Yummy! I like how this recipe uses whole corn in it.  Makes for a little crunchy surprise inside.

DSCN0882

I hope that everyone has a fabulous Thanksgiving!

Share this: