-->

There's a Fracture, I Need to Fix It Cupcakes

There's a Fracture, I Need to Fix It Cupcakes

chocolate bone cupcake!

I'm on outpatient orthopedic surgery this month, and I knew that I had to make appropriate cupcakes to bring into conference and clinic.  It's not too difficult to find bone-related items given that Halloween is just around the corner.  I found a perfect skeleton bones chocolate mold.


I took some of these to musculoskeletal clinic where most patients have knee or hip complaints.  Unfortunately, the mold didn't include either of those joints!  I suppose we can't fault a cake and candy company for not being anatomically correct.

The title of these cupcakes is from this little video:


I must say, I like that my friends going into ortho and some of the orthopods joke about the video.  Besides, it makes me laugh every time I watch it (it might not be all that amusing to individuals not involved in health care).



IMG_5415

Medical cupcakes are so fun to create.  My next clinical rotation at the hospital here is anesthesia.  Maybe I'll make fondant ET tubes or something. 



Share this: